Monday, October 22, 2007







Now things seem to be in a working order it`s time to get distracted by visual improvments.






First on my hit list is to quickly learn about Shaders (vertex and pixel shaders 2.0).



Right, after a few days I`ve got ot working. Next I learned how to introduce `Bump Mapping` with my Shader code.


First place to benefit from my new shader routines are the planets. I now have an Earth planet with Diffuse Light, Ambient Light, Specular Highlights, Bump Mapped texture, cloud texture and even a city lights texture that very nicely makes all the citys light up on the dark side of our rotating planet.


See the New and improved screen shots.





Notice a subtle blue tint at the top of the screen. This is done by my Post process Screen Shader Test code. (ready for realy cool HDR Lighting and Glow & Glare routines - I hope!)
But for now, next on my Shader list is to improve the space ships, by adding, Specular highlights and shiney surfaces!!!! You will see! O and of course Bump Mapping too!

No comments: